Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The plaid is making me mad...

So, I'm doing the plaid thingy this week too. As usual, I can't be happy with doing something simple, so I'm making a suit (skirt and jacket). Well, it wasn't like I just decided on it on Monday, the whole plaid suit idea was already part of my autumn sewing plan. I already had the fabric, and a pattern from a pattern book I had forgotten that I had (until this Sunday...)

You may ask - what is it that is making you mad then? Well, lots of things. Learning that sewing sleeves that consists of two pieces means you actually have to think about how you put them together - otherwise you will end up with two left sleeves. Shortly after that I realized that ripping seams in loosely woven fabrics is hard. Or, at least that's how it felt until I came to hand sewing in the lining...

Now "all I have left" (famous last words...) is putting in the buttons and buttonholes in both garments, and sewing in shoulder pads on the jacket (really fun I realized I need those after sewing in the lining). Tomorrow you will see the result... I hope...!

Until then: here's some of my inspiration: Cool and a little edgy plaid, mainly by Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen and Ralph Lauren!


No comments:

Post a Comment