Friday, July 15, 2011

New project: Crochet bikini!

It's been a little quiet here for a few days... I don't really have a great excuse for not sewing, I have even a super simple skirt cut out laying on the sewing table, I just haven't got to take the sewing machine out. (I must have it in its case when I'm not using it because of the way-too-curious cats.)

So, anyway, I'm up to something I haven't done since, well maybe it was ten years ago, crochet! There are crochet bikinis everywhere I look right now (and they are NOT cheap I tell you) so I am currently making a bikini, 70's style! :D This is so much fun, why did I ever stop? It is going to be white and yellow (and perhaps a third color, I am just about to go and dig through my stash...)

Here are some inspiration pictures (courtesy of  "cemetarian La Dolce Vintage", pics found via google)


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm loving this project! Are you following a pattern?? Please ... post pictures of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I've looked at a few patterns but I finally decided to just improvise my way through. I will probably post about the process once I'm finished though. Hopefully it will turn out well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exited to see some pics later on then!

    ReplyDelete