Saturday, June 4, 2011

Making it work...

So, this is not a new project, but an old one that was finished but never worn, due to not thinking enough when cutting it.

I made this dress several months ago, I wanted a super baggy dress, very low cut and open on top. However I didn't exactly think about how to make it stay on, heh. So, finished the dress, tried it on, yay cute... but it could basically slip all the way off, literally down to my feet, if I wouldn't hold on to it. So, it hit a dark corner of my wardrobe, and there it stayed for a while.

Until today. I am leaving for an exam in Business Communication in about an hour. People who know me know that this means I will pick up pretty much any project at this point, as long as I don't have to think about studying. So I decided to fix the dress about an hour ago. Luckily, this was very easy, it just needed a ribbon across the upper back to hold it in place.

So now I have something to wear today. (It is very important to dress up during exams, if you look great, you feel great, and by that - hopefully - you will do great as well!) Considering I didn't even buy the books for this course, I guess I need anything that can help, haha!

First, a picture of the dress without the belt. This is how simple the construction of it is!


Here is what it looks like with the belt, and from the back, with the ribbon. As you can see, it was needed... :)


Of course, no outfit is perfect without the shoes, here's which ones I'll be wearing today: vintage kitten heels in bright turquoise!



By the way, I love that the pointy shoes are coming back in style, I have saved loads of them from last time they were in. Never ever throw away shoes that are still in good shape just because they go out of style... every time I did I found myself buying new ones just like them in a couple of years (and had to wear those in as well, ouch). I wonder how many people throw away shoes just as they are starting to become comfortable?

2 comments:

  1. love the dress! i can't get into the pointy shoe thing though, they look so crazy on me. dang it! ;)

    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress! Looks like it is super comfy..perfect for summertime!

    ReplyDelete